Thursday, January 2, 2014

Welcome!

I'm starting this cat blog to document the lives of our three cats, Tanzi, Pema and Shiva. Tanzi is almost 8 years old and the kittens, Pema and Shiva, are almost five months old!


My husband Craig originally adopted Tanzi and his brother Karma in 2006. We lost Karma in April of 2013 and still miss him every day. Thankfully, the love of new kittens has eased our heartache a little bit. We adopted Pema and Shiva from the Wisconsin Humane Society at the end of November of 2013.

The blog name was inspired by my favorite poster about cats, Katzenmanifest, which I had first spotted in a store in Berlin, Germany on our honeymoon. It documents the typical life of a cat, including sleeping, eating, hunting, yawning and being arrogant!



Thanks for following along in their adventures!

2 comments:

Karis said...

I love seeing the photo of Tanzi with the kittens.

Inger @ Art of Natural Living said...

I love that you are doing another blog--I have been tempted to indulge one or another whim that way for ages! Your kitties are so cute. My "baby" (who is 7 mo old now) will not be picked up or stay long on a lap, but she follows me everywhere.